History of the house
The Casa da Muralha, built in the mid- The XIX and the two walls that surrounded the Castle of Lamego, are integral part of its construction, is located in the Street of Almacave, one of the oldest arteries of the old city. At the time of its construction the Street of Almacave was located in the current Street of the Cortes, because the toponymy of the city was very different.
Behind the Church of Almacave was Rua do Bom Despacho, which ended in a square with a cruise, which is nowadays in the Museum of Lamego, to start the Rua da Misericórdia, where the "Muralha" was located and, , there was Rua de S. Francisco.
"One day they joined the Bom Despacho Street, the Misericórdia Street and the Rua de S. Francisco, and there was the current Rua de Almacave."
Already in the century. In 1911, a great fire broke out, destroying the entire street in front of the Casa da Muralha, also damaging the side of the street where it is situated, which forced a deep remodeling of this house in 1937.